Open class

So, What is the first thing that comes to your mind when the words OPEN CLASS is mentioned by your principal? Well for me it is like a scary movie, thinking in the subject, material, decoration and preparation is scary.
This time I decided to make a presentation and the topic was "Travelling around the world" each student of fifth grade choose a country and they had to search for important information to provide to the audience (parents) such as language spoken, ubication, typical food, and a monument representative or a sightseeing of the country. They made a 3D representation and they brought some typical snacks of the country to share.


For me this activity helped students to feel confident when speaking the language in front of strangers as well as learning about other places. The interesting thing was that they learned words in the language spoken in the chosen country... I learned to say bye in German "AUF WIEDERSEHEN"
It was an activity that I saw parents enjoyed they were proud of their kids and they also enjoyed the snacks jejeje
Here is a video of a student that presented  the USA.



So what do you think of my open class?


Thanks for Reading!!

Comentarios

  1. Open classes are always scary, however I always find them an opportunity to make something different from the routine and students always like these kinds of activities. It also boosts our atudents confidence and can boost some skills in our students. I really liked the way you managed that "class", we can learn new things from them . Thanks for sharing

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I recall my first open class: I was so nervous about it! It is true that it is a lot of work for the teacher (and the students, in this case), but it is a great experience and opportunity for the teacher and parents to work together for the benefit of the student. Besides, it creates a different relationship with the parents as they see what teachers are doing and how they are working. Thanks for sharing, Lupita! I liked your open class! Congrats!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I’ve never presented an open class, I think it’s difficult and it requires a lot of time to be planned. I think your open class was cool =), all the kids could participate and show what they have learned.

    Pretty cool!!!

    ResponderBorrar
  4. For God this subject terrifies me, if there is something I do not like to do as a teacher it is an open class. It's just because of the pressure I feel when I'm surrounded by parents, and I admire all those who, without problem, manage them and have very good results.

    Something I do not like is that because of the same fear that gives me, my brain is blocked and ideas do not reach me and I feel limited in activities or work to be done.

    The good thing is that I have a friend who is very good, for that and when she sees me in that situation of terror, I know that she will give me very good ideas. Rigth my friend?? =D

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

The importance of visual aids in teaching English

Using games when teaching english

10 Things Teachers Must Have